Sunday, June 8, 2008

Afternoon at Apollo Park

I decided to take the Carpet Sharks out and run them a little this afternoon. Just to run down some of that energy they alway store up before bed time. So we went out to Apollo Park since it is closer to the new house and I hadn't been there in a while. It also was a beautiful afternoon with no wind and looked like it might be a good sunset.

The carpet sharks burning some energy.





You can see Tanners horns in this one.



Strike a pose. Tanner thought it was disco pose... Jordyn went for vogue... Not sure what Shad went for.



I love how the flare reflection worked in this one with the combination of the kids silhouetted as well as the water ripples. Worked alot better than I thought it would.



The sunset turned pretty good. The water was calm so reflections worked really well. Had one issue where as usual at Apollo Park, had a bird crap on my camera. But the kids thought that was really funny. Luckily it was only a glancing splat on top of the auto flash housing.

The following photos are some of the better shots that I took. Kind of an experiment in light.

5 comments:

Kerry Schultz said...

I don't think I've ever seen it so calm at Apollo Park - what a trip. Again - great photos :)!

ToyGrandma said...

Fantastic photos, Jaimie. I'm very proud of you. Keep up the great work.

C Schultz said...

Wow Jaimie, amazing photo's! Seriously, I may just have to force you to take a family photo for me. Can you do some fancy camera trick to make me too thin? lol

Ukulele Blake said...

very nice photos... wish they were landscape instead of portrait

jbaccus said...

I have both. I usually shoot both landscape and portrait just in case. I posted them portrait here, because they fit better and I liked the spacial dimensions better. But I do have landscape as well for most of these.

http://g2.baccus-designs.com/main.php?g2_itemId=104842