Friday, April 2, 2010

Day 92 (Shad learns to drive)

Shad learning to drive. He did pretty good for his first time. Only stalled it a few times when trying to get use to the clutch the first time. But that was mainly due to the fact that he kept trying to put it in third gear instead of first. And then he was not getting the "Let the clutch out SLOWLY" part of it. But after a few tries and stalls he got it and I was able to get him shifted up to third gear after a bit. The next challenge was not hitting every bush near the road. In his effort to miss a bush on the drivers side he took out one third of a greasewood bush on the passenger side. I guess I should have left my window up and kept my arm inside.... LOL I am sure I will be picking pieces of that out of my truck for some time to come. But it was still a fun experience. And I am really proud of him.

No comments: