Monday, November 3, 2008

Sunday Drive


I decided that it was time for the kids to get out of the house and get some energy out. We started out heading to Devils Punch Bowl. But I got so into the audio book I was listening to, I missed the turn to Devils Punch Bowl. So I decided to explore another area. Unfortunately I cant think of the name of the road we took now. We spotted the "crash airplane" house through the trees and had to stop and take a couple of photos.

There were still some good fall colors on the road that we took, just not many places to actually stop. We did however finally find a place that had a small stream. So the kids had fun climbing over the log and rocks trying not to fall in. Tanner and Jordyn both slipped a few times, thus wet shoes. But they all seemed to enjoy the outing and getting out of the house and cleaning there rooms for a little while.





4 comments:

C Schultz said...

You know, that picture of Shad would be great if retards hadn't put ugly graffiti on that rock. I swear, some kids need labotomies. LOL But I'm sure you could easily photoshop that out.

And, what on earth is with the "airplane crash" house? Did someone build that as some strange joke?

jbaccus said...

Yeah, I was extremely annoyed with all the graffiti in that location. It was everywhere. Even the trees had tons of carvings in them. It would be a "really" beautiful place was it not for that. But it is to close to the AV and there are tons of idiots out here that respect nothing.

The airplane crash house, is actually like a small room and roof built over a fifth wheel trailer up in the Devils Punch Bowl area. Looks like they just attached the tail section to the structure. Like the bar "A Wing and A Prayer" out on 90th East and Ave J. So I couldn't resist. ;-)

Ukulele Blake said...

awesome family pics

Kerry Schultz said...

Looks like a fun day trip :)!