Monday, September 22, 2008

Relay For Life 08

The Relay For Life event went off pretty well. I was raised $540 toward the event. And then walked for over five and a half hours. Which wasn't to bad considering that I was there at 6am in the morning to help set up our company site and then left around 11am to go to Magic Mountain with some friends. So you can imagine walking around Magic Mountain for about five hours and standing in all the lines. Then going back to the Relay event at 8pm and staying until 3am when my shoulder started hurting so bad I decided to head home to get a heat pack for it then head back out. Unfortunately I put the heat pack on and sat back waiting for the pain to subside a little and passed out. But did get back out there at 6:30am on Sunday morning to finish out the event and help break down the site. Overall it went rather well. The last tally I heard, we had raised over $4000 in donations.

The Hooper crew came out for the Survivor and Care Giver laps. As pictured here. Also ran into Renee, Tracey and Bonnie from the Softball teams. They walked until about 10 or 11pm at night. Not sure what time they got there. All I know is that I had passed them not noticing them (audio book on the ipod) and then had two people tapping me on the shoulders. Turned wondering 'who is tapping on me', and there they were.

So it was great to see others out there and thank you to all the people who supported this fundraiser.

Hopefully the blisters will go away soon. But I will continue to walk, because I feel so much better when I do.

2 comments:

Kerry Schultz said...

Cool - glad it went over well. That other woman was probably Bonnie - I believe she was going to be out there walking with Tracy and Renee.

jbaccus said...

Yeah, that was it. Lori told me as well, but I couldn't remember. I had met her a few times at some of your tournaments and stuff, but can never seem to remember her name.