Friday, October 24, 2008

"Say Hello To My Little Friend"

There is one thing to be said about the desert... You can see snakes almost anytime of the year out here.

Spotted this one while out for my daily walk at work. About three or four more feet and I would have stepped on it. Luckily it was rather pissed at the idea of getting stepped on and started hissing and rattling, so I heard it over my audio book. (One of the reasons I am a big advocate of keeping the volume down on personal music devices. So you can "HEAR" your surroundings.)

So I shot the photo from my camera phone, gave it a wide birth so we could both continue on our way.

So the moral of this, if you are out here walking, running, biking in the desert, Keep You Eyes Open and on the ground in front of you.... :-)

2 comments:

C Schultz said...

Holy Crap Jaimie! I always keep my music up WAY TOO LOUD! Good reminder. Not that we have a lot of snakes around here, but we do have plenty of bad drivers LOL.

Kerry Schultz said...

Thanks again for the heads up :)! I usually keep my eyes open and on the ground - but this is a great reminder.